Why Is Data Integration Crucial To Modern Day Businesses?
Few people will disagree with the truth that modern businesses operate better and accomplish more goals when they incorporate their data strategically. However, think about the different forms of data deployed by an organization today- the CRMs, the mobile apps, ERPs, and many more- there is so much of data present in the enterprise today that collecting and making optimal use of this data is much easier to say than do. Automated data integration is the answer.
For several years, organizations depended on data warehouses with particular schemas for specific uses and applications. The sales and marketing professionals of the business would use this data to understand the effectiveness of a specific campaign better to get a defined and clearer view into the buyer’s purchasing patterns or project the quantity or types of content they would require in the distant future.
However, when the sales team has to face long manual processes every time, they wanted to add new data sets for better source material and context. Here, they can define their needs separately, source this new data, and later manually create processes for updating the data warehouse. At this time, they had to ensure that the schema updated did not break the existing code.
Automated processes for data integrated
The good news is the automated process for data integration can collect unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data from any disparate source and place them on a single platform. When this data is consolidated and kept in a single repository, the sales and marketing team in the company can improve their performance measurement, gain deeper insights, and enjoy the advantages of actionable intelligence to make better-informed choices for the support of business objectives.
The unified practice and theory
There is a misconception that data integration is confined to large scale enterprises that have huge loads of data to store. Experts from esteemed data administration and management companies in the USA, RemoteDBA.com, say that companies across all industries and sectors should pay attention to the importance of data integration for modern business. There is a common trend prevalent among companies today that they fear becoming incompetent and irrelevant if they did not succeed in incorporating big data in their companies successfully.
Capgemini surveyed in 2016, where it was discovered approximately 65% of business executives feared that they would become irrelevant or uncompetitive if they did not embrace this Big Data. After a few years after this survey, it has been seen that this percentage is consistently rising as Board executives have realized that not having an organized data strategy in place harms their operations and every aspect of their business.
They have realized that remaining competitive in the market, operating effectively, reducing costs, and improving revenues mean they should discover ways to aggregate, mobilize, and analyze the data to its optimal extent. Data should not be treated as a goal in the future to be attained, but it is a boosting initiative in the present times to help an organization grow.
Data integration works across companies to support any type and number of queries. Right from the most granular question to the highest concept. It can be applied to many specific uses that impact business teams and every department in the organization, including the following-
- Business Intelligence– Business intelligence covers everything like reporting, predictive analytics, operations, finance, and management. It depends on data acquired from the business to give you an insight into inefficiencies, revenue opportunities that have been missed, process gaps, and more. Data integration gives you the tools and technologies for business intelligence that your organization is using already, along with the data steams that your sales and marketing teams use to make their next moves.
- Analytics of customer data– Data integration gives you a detailed insight into knowing your customers better. You get an insight into their demographics and purchasing trends and patterns. You can also ascertain whether they are loyal to your organization or simply will look elsewhere when it comes to business products or services. This integration helps you in a great way to extract the information you need when it comes to the evaluation of each of your customer profiles on a single platform. Here, you can create strategies for customer retention and other factors that determine their buying trends and patterns.
- Enrichment of data– You can combat the decay of data with continuous updates regarding names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers. They can be combined with particular pieces of information about every customer to give you a detailed and improved picture of your buying audience.
- Quality of data– Most companies face the challenge of ensuring the excellent quality of their business data. This involves the process of what your data needs are upfront, how they should be created, and the levels of tolerance that you have for errors when it comes to business data. This is a task that few business owners want. When you automate data integration, you can eliminate the risks of not complying with your company’s data governance policies. In this way, you can boost the value and the accuracy of business data accessible to all the teams in your company.
- Data delivery in real-time – Businesses do not have time to wait for many days to crunch numbers. They are limited by hours and, in some cases, even minutes. This is why real-time data delivery becomes significant for organizations to adapt to vendor, customer, market, regulatory promptly, and also changes in compliance. Data integration helps the business to sample information from any point in the process of collection to get real-time insight into workloads, interactions, and processes.
Finally, the business needs to consult IT professionals and trained data administration experts about buying a modern solution for data integration in the company. This solution should give you a simple and secure method for data collection. All your existing data silos are combined into a single location to scale with the needs of your business to give you a strategic edge in the market with success quickly!
Author bio –
Kristen Smith is a web developer and experienced professional in database management and administration. She says you must deploy credible companies like RemoteDBA.com to help you maintain and secure any database system with success!